Vivo V27 vs Vivo V27 Pro
Generally what I’ve noticed on the internet is that tech nerds don’t have very high opinion of the Vivo V series for being offline centric and being low on specs and not offering great value. But if you’ve noticed closely that’s actually been changing for the past couple of years at least.
Vivo V27 and V27 Pro are very similar
Now Vivo is working really hard to provide a good balance of specs, features and price too. And that is specifically true for the new Vivo V27 series, the V27 and the V27 Pro. I don’t know which is which because both look pretty identical.
|Feature||Vivo V27||Vivo V27 Pro|
|Rear Camera||50-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel||50-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel|
|RAM||8GB, 12GB||8GB, 12GB|
|Storage||128GB, 256GB||128GB, 256GB|
|OS||Android 13||Android 13|
|Resolution||1080×2400 pixels||1080×2400 pixels|
|Processor make||MediaTek Dimensity 7200 MediaTek||MediaTek Dimensity 8200|
What’s the difference in Vivo V27 vs Vivo V27 Pro
The only difference between the two is that the vanilla V27 comes with a Dimensity 7200 chip whereas the V27 Pro comes with a Dimensity 8200 chip.
Now I’ll talk about the differences in performance but let’s take a look at what’s identical on these two phones and that’s basically everything else which is basically the design, the display, the camera, the battery.
Alright, the first thing that you’ll notice is that both these phones have a curved panel. So, you get a 6.78 inch 120Hz refresh rate curved panel with 1 billion colors and it’s an AMOLED panel as well. Bright colors, deep blacks, very good looking panel with HDR 10 plus support.
You get HDR support on YouTube for sure. Now when we tested the display, the color accuracy is actually pretty good if you use the professional you know display mode.
So obviously display wise, this is a very good premium panel and when you take it outdoors, the sunlight legibility is good and there is no visible color shift either. And it’s not just the display that’s good, the phone is also a looker.
So the color material finish or CMF is actually very good. It’s a glass back which is also a color changing back. Now color changing might feel like a gimmick to many but it’s actually good looking because this light color of you know magic blue turns into a dark one when you take it in the sun or when you expose it to UV light. And for what it is worth, you also get a case inside the box which you can float.
What I specifically like about the design is that these phones are slim at 7.4 millimeters, and they weigh about 180 grams. So the in-hand feel is very, very good, and they don’t really weigh you down when you’re actually using it.
And considering these are big phones with 6.78 inch display, the good in-hand feel actually makes a lot of difference.
Apart from that, you also get a type C port at the bottom and a stereo speaker setup and no headphone jack. Now, the stereo speaker setup actually works with the earpiece. When I tested it, it is rich sounding. But the only problem is that the earpiece is much softer compared to the actual speaker, and therefore there is definitely a channel imbalance that you can hear.
In display finger print but haptic is just good
Take a listen for yourself. By the way, one thing I forgot to mention is that you get an in-display fingerprint scanner. It’s very fast to unlock, but the haptic feedback is not that great. I’ve seen phones in this price category with good haptic feedback. This one’s soft.
Now, one reason how these phones are actually slim and light is because you get a smaller, comparatively smaller 4600mAh battery compared to 5000mAh batteries on many other phones. Now this battery can charge from 0 to 100 in about 40-45 minutes using the in-box 80W charger. But this 80W charger charges at a top of 66W.
Battery life wise, what I noticed is that the V27 has slightly better battery life compared to the V27 Pro. It can last a little more than a day, primarily because the V27’s Density 7200 chip is more power efficient, which brings me to the performance of the individual SoCs inside.
Now, the Dimensity 7200 is a very interesting chip. It is definitely more powerful than the Snapdragon 778G+, and you get Antutu scores of about 6.25 lakhs. In comparison, the Density 8200 can touch about 8.5 lakhs. Now that’s Antutu, but what I like about the Density 7200 in particular is its system stability.
System or graphics stability
In my testing, I found that the Density 7200 has better system and GPU stability compared to the more powerful Dimensity 8200, which pushes for more frames. The V27 Pro also runs hotter during long gaming sessions compared to the Density 7200. However, the Dimensity 8200 allows for slightly higher graphics settings in games like Call of Duty and Apex Legends due to better GPU quality. Overall, the trade-off of slightly reduced graphics performance for longer gaming sessions on the Density 7200 is worth it. Plus, the V27 is more affordable than the V27 Pro by about 5000 rupees, making it a cost-effective option.
5g Network Performance
Now, the V27 and 27 Pro have good 5G performance. There’s one band less support, which is 6 bands on the V27 compared to the 27 Pro, which has 7 band support. But then again, I mean, Jio and Airtel work absolutely fine. You can expect up to 1Gbps speeds on Jio. So that’s good.
camera sensor in both phones is same.
Now finally, talking about the camera performance, and that’s pretty unchanged on these two, you get a 50MP Sony IMX 766V custom chip. Now V is basically Vivo’s custom imaging chip, and they do some sort of tweaking on it. But this IMX 766 is a proven performer.
secondary camera 8mp + 2mp
In both phones you get an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro camera.
So, what’s on the front is more important. What you get is a 50MP selfie camera with autofocus capabilities. Now the autofocus capabilities is a good thing because you get immediate lock-on focus when you’re capturing selfies. And the kind of sharpness that you can get in selfies is really, really good.
I’ve also captured a couple of low-light selfies, and even the low-light selfie performance is pretty up to the mark. I think the V27 and the V27 Pro possibly have the best selfie cameras under Rs 40,000.
Natural or Boosted colours
If you guys want me to do a proper comparison test, let me know in the comment section below. Now this Sony IMX 766 sensor, what I noticed in daylight is that you get two colour sciences. Basically, you can shoot at natural colours or boosted colours. I actually prefer the natural colour science, and that natural colour science looks good for landscape shots.
But when you’re shooting people, the skin tones are pretty close to natural, not exactly natural, not as good as something like a Pixel or an iPhone, but still, I would say very good.
Lot of Portrait Modes
But what’s really good when you’re shooting people is the portrait mode. And there are like a lot of portrait modes, including something called a wedding photography mode or wedding portrait mode.
Beast in Low light and portrait modes
Now V, I was immediate to dismiss it saying that, okay, you know, what’s the use of that. But then given in the hands of the right photographer, we did a video on our Hindi channel where, you know, we gave it to Mr. Radhakrishnan, who actually runs Pixel Village, and when he shot pictures with the V27, and the kind of, you know, portrait shots that we got, oh my God, they look absolutely stunning. So yeah, it’s just about the tool. So if you use the tool and the mode right, you can actually expect some good pictures. And apart from that, we all know by now the IMX 766 is a great performer in low light and Vivo’s low light capabilities generally with the algorithm are very good too.
So you can see the low light pictures with and without night mode, they look damn good. Now, ultra-wide and macro again, not big fans of the 8 plus 2 setup. The 2MP macro is something that I dismiss off entirely.
The 8 megapixel ultra-wide on the other hand, good enough for an ultra-wide angle camera, but then there are color sense inconsistencies that you have to live with.
Maximum 4k 60fps recordings
Now, what I do like about the Vivo V27 series is the fact that you can actually shoot 4K 60fps videos using the front camera. But the only downside is that you can shoot stable videos using the front camera only at 1080p 30fps resolution. Still, the fact that you can get 4K 60fps video recording is pretty good.
- The rear camera of the phone can shoot up to 4K 60fps videos without stabilization.
- To get stabilization, you need to drop down to 4K 30fps video recording.
- Video recording quality is good, and sound recording quality is also good.
- The phone is recommended for video recording, but stabilization using a gimbal or something similar is necessary.
- The camera quality is good, because the Vivo V27 which has dimensity 8200 processor also has ultra-wide camera but similar range phones like iqoo neo 7 have dimensity 8200 but don’t have ultra wide camera.
- The Vivo V27 has a full stack camera setup, and its selfie camera performs well.
- The phone offers a balance between performance and camera quality.
And I think that the Dimensity 7200 is a good performer to begin with. Now talking about software, you get Funtouch OS 13 based on Android 13 on both the phones, with the promise of 2 years of software updates and 3 years of security updates.
Obviously, Funtouch OS, we’ve spoken at length about it. It can be more refined, but it’s got a lot of features. A lot of people seem to be enjoying it. In fact, somebody recently told me that Funtouch does great RAM optimization. Is that really true? Do you guys think that? Let me know in the comments section below.
Alright, so the Vivo V27 and the V27 Pro are phones definitely worth considering because I think with bank discounts, you can get the V27 for about 30-31K and the V27 Pro for about you know, 35-36K.
And if you go to an offline store, maybe they will bundle a few other offers and then maybe they’ll give you like a, you know, pair of headphones or something. So you should definitely go check it out.
These are phones worth considering even for tech nerds. I know that the OnePlus 11R compared to the Vivo V27 Pro has a Snapdragon 8 plus Gen 1 chip. That’s definitely more powerful than a Dimensity 8200.
But then again, the V27 Pro is slightly cheaper and might offer better camera performance as well, which I need to test it out. So what do you guys think of the Vivo V27 and the V27 Pro? I am more excited about the V27. Both look very identical. But the V27 is the more exciting of the two. Which one do you like? I think these are good phones. Let me know in the comments section below. I’ll see you guys in the next one.
- 5 Best Laptops Under 50000 in India 2023Best Laptops Under 50000 So, Today we are going to know the 5 Best Laptops Under 50000 INR. Laptops are a costly and should be bought carefully because nobody purchases laptop every month or year like we buy our mobile phones. So, The key points while buying Best Laptops Under 50000 rupees are Ideal Specifications…
- Vivo V27 vs Vivo V27 Pro Comparison Camera, Antutu, Gaming Performance TestVivo V27 vs Vivo V27 Pro Generally what I’ve noticed on the internet is that tech nerds don’t have very high opinion of the Vivo V series for being offline centric and being low on specs and not offering great value. But if you’ve noticed closely that’s actually been changing for the past couple of…
- Upgrade RAM of Laptops & Computers – Latest RAM Types DDR5, DDR4Upgrading RAM is a relatively easy process that can be done by almost anyone, and it is a cost-effective way to increase the performance of your computer. RAM is the capacity of computer laptop to run many programs simultaneously, just like a person remembering or doing many things at a time. More Ram means faster…
- Upgrade Your Laptop’s Graphics Card – Comparison, Ranking, AdaptersOne of the ways to improve the performance of a laptop is by replacing its graphics card. However, there are various factors to consider before deciding whether to replace the graphics card. But first we have to check if our laptop has dedicated or integrated graphics card. Dedicated graphics card – special slot in laptop…
- 10 Best Voltage Stabilizers for 1.5 Ton AC in India 2023These are Best Voltage Stabilizers for 1.5 Ton AC which works with inverter, non inverter and both split and window AC. Reason for Voltage Stabilizers for Air Conditioners Voltage Fluctuation: Have you ever noticed light bulb getting dim (light or brightness fluctuating). It is the problem of Voltage fluctuation and it can damage all electric…