- Punjab police chased self-styled Sikh preacher and Khalistani supporter Amritpal Singh and his associates on Saturday.
- The operation was launched to arrest Amritpal Singh, who is also the chief of Waris Punjab De.
- Internet services across the state were suspended during the operation.
- Ten of Amritpal’s close associates were detained, and 78 persons were arrested during the state-wide cordon and search operations against Waris Punjab De.
- Nine weapons, including one .315 bore rifle, seven rifles of 12 bore, one revolver and 373 live cartridges of different caliber have been recovered so far.
Latest By ANI
Punjab | ‘Waris Punjab De’ chief Amritpal Singh declared a fugitive. His two cars seized & gunmen nabbed, legality of their weapons being checked. Case registered. Punjab police personnel on the job to arrest Amritpal Singh soon. 78 people arrested so far, checking going on. Further probe on: Jalandhar Police Commissioner to ANIANI
- Amritpal Singh and several others fled from the police.
- The Punjab Police issued a statement clarifying that Waris Punjab De elements are involved in four criminal cases relating to spreading disharmony among classes, attempt to murder, attack on police persons, and creating obstructions in the lawful discharge of duties of public servants.
- FIR stands registered for the attack on Ajnala Police Station.
- Nihangs took out a protest march in support of Amritpal Singh.
- Internet services in Punjab will remain suspended until 12 noon on Sunday, police said.
- The special operation was planned after Punjab chief minister Bhagwant Mann met Union home minister Amit Shah last month.
Here is the last interview of #AmritpalSingh just babbling nonsense before he was arrested. Salute to the Punjab Police for catching this traitor. Guess his next interview will be in Jail 🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/cp4wXdGu8B— GOON (@DROPPINLIBS) March 18, 2023
- They discussed the law and order situation of the state.
- The Centre sent 1,900 personnel of the CRPF and its special anti-riot unit RAF to Punjab.
- Last week, the home ministry ordered the deployment of 18 companies in Punjab.
- The overall strength of these companies is around 19,000 personnel.
- Amritpal Singh is also known as Bhindranwale 2.0.
- AAP leader Sanjay Singh said the operation is still on and the Punjab police will give an official statement on it.
- Amritpal Singh’s Instagram account was suspended again after a clash with the police.
Great work Punjab Police👏👏.— Tushar_Dawra (@DawraTushar) March 18, 2023
Such people should be behind the bars. A Big cross to #Khalistan. We are happy with our Punjab & we won’t let anyone divide it. Learn to live with peace or else go back to Dubai #AmritpalSingh #PunjabPolice pic.twitter.com/ewqJVlsWKR
- The AAP government of Bhagwant Mann is committed to strengthening the law and order situation of Punjab, said AAP MP Sanjay Singh.
- The heavy police force is still involved in the operation, and it will not be right to comment, said Sanjay Singh.